Share Your Screen
At any time during a LoopUp meeting you can share your screen.
To Share Your Screen for the First Time:
- Click the ‘Share My Screen’ button in the center of your screen
- Follow the 1 minute set-up instructions (you’ll only have to do this the first time)
- A popup box will appear to say your screen is shared and a green band will appear around your screen to show what is being shared with guests
To Change What’s Being Shared
- The green band shows you what you’re sharing with others. You can either share your whole screen, or just part of it.
- To move the green band, click the top edge and drag it anywhere on your screen (or onto another monitor if you have multiple monitors).
- To resize the green band, click and drag any of the other edges.
To Change Who Is Sharing Their Screen
- By default, guests can click the ‘Share My Screen’ button to request permission to share their screen.
- To change this setting, click the Options icon at the bottom right-hand side of the meeting, select ‘Guest Screen Sharing’ and choose from ‘Guests can share’, ‘Guests ask permission’, or ‘Guests can’t share’.
To Stop Screen Sharing
- If you are sharing, go back to your meeting and click the red ‘Stop Sharing’ button in the center of the screen.
- If your guest is sharing, go back to your meeting and click ‘Stop current guest sharing’ in the center of the screen.
- Also, if you end the meeting, the screen sharing session will stop automatically.
To share your screen, a one-time installation of an .exe file is required. To view content, no download is needed.
For this installation, you must have a Windows® or Mac computer. The Windows version requires Windows 7, 8 or 10. The Mac version requires Mac OS X 10.6 or higher.
Supported browsers (for sharing or viewing):
Internet Explorer: 11
Chrome: 65 and above
Firefox: 59 and above
Safari: 10 and above
For optimal screen sharing performance, we always recommend using the latest available version of your web browser.