LoopUp IP Guidelinesversion 2_3, last updated 24 May 2018
LoopUp® is the trading name of the LoopUp group of companies (“we” and “us”). This document sets out guidelines for use of our trade marks, copyright works and other intellectual property (or ‘IPR’) around our brand. Our IPR is valuable to us and we protect that value by ensuring correct usage by authorised third parties and taking appropriate action to prevent infringement. We reserve the right to change these guidelines as we deem appropriate from time to time and you must comply with the latest version of these guidelines and any instructions we give you on the use of our IPR at any time. Where we have given you an express written licence to use our trade marks in another way, for example to our resellers and licensees to use the marks in their promotional material, your use must be in accordance with that licence (which takes precedence) and these guidelines. We may change this document, including to terminate your rights to use our IP under this document, at any time in our sole discretion.
All rights in and title to IPR in the LoopUp brand, software and services are owned by LoopUp® Ltd, The Tea Building, 56 Shoreditch High St, London, E1 6JJ, UK (‘LoopUp UK’) and its licensors. At all times, any goodwill arising from the use of our trade marks or other intellectual property will accrue to LoopUp UK (as defined below).
You must maintain and never remove any IP ownership notice from any material provided by LoopUp.
Our Trade Marks
Our trade marks include the word mark LOOPUP and the LoopUp Logo. A full list is set out below, together with the appropriate symbol to use with each. You can use our trade marks when referring to us and our services but any other use requires our express written licence. For example: “The great new services and software from LoopUp™ make everyday remote meetings simple and productive” is acceptable, as is “the LoopUp™ software works with …”.
- use the appropriate trade mark symbol (®) on the first use of each trade mark in any document, website or other medium (for example: LoopUp®);
- write our trade mark as LoopUp or LOOPUP, no other combination of lowercase and/or capital letters;
- use our own approved images when using our logos, screenshots or other copyright work, no others;
- make your own trade mark more prevalent than ours in any document, website or other material so that it is clear that the material is yours; and
- insert the following attribution as a footnote in the document, material and each webpage where our trade mark is used: “[MARK] is a trade mark of LoopUp Limited, t/a LoopUp”.
- use our trade marks as verbs, plurals, domain names at any level, or apply to register or register them as company or business names or otherwise;
- remove any intellectual property ownership notice contained in any materials we provide to you or change our IPR in any way;
- incorporate our IPR into your products or services, use our trade dress, look and feel or colour schemes in your products or services, or otherwise use our IPR as yours or pass off your products or services as ours;
- use our IPR with any material or for any purpose that infringes a third party’s rights in any way, is contrary to export laws or otherwise illegal, in bad taste, rude to or disrespectful of any person or business (including us), or in connection with any adult or gambling business or content; nor
- use our IPR in any way that indicates affiliation or partnership with us, nor sponsorship or approval of you or whatever it is you’re doing – unless we have given you prior written approval for that purpose.
Online Use & Links
You may use one of our word marks as a text link, or one of our logos as a link, to our website from your website as long as such use is: in accordance with these guidelines, clearly a link to our site, only operative as a link to our site, and not so prominent as to imply that we have any control over, or have approved any of, your website or its contents.
Using the LoopUp Brand Elements
The LoopUp logo should only be used in contexts which allow the logo to be easily distinguished from the surrounding text or background so that it stands out. Preferably, this background will be a solid colour, but it can also appear on multiple colours, illustration, or photographic backgrounds, subject to the following guidelines.
Use only the approved LoopUp logo artwork in the appropriate context, as set out below.
If you are unsure of the best usage of the LoopUp Brand Elements, contact email@example.com.
A one-colour logo (grayscale) is only acceptable when media production is black only.
Logo size and clearance space
To maintain the integrity of the logo against its background, a minimum clearance between the logo and other elements must be upheld. This is indicated in the image below. Height is measured from the top of the symbol to the bottom of the symbol. Exceptions maybe made in situations or applications that require a smaller logo, such as in social media. The Full-colour version (white background) already has this minimum clearance built in.
Misuse of the LoopUp Logo
The LoopUp logo must be used as provided and not changed in appearance in any way. Below are examples of unacceptable usage of the LoopUp logo. Don’t do the following:
Our Trade Marks
Our trade marks include the following words, logos and slogans:
LOOPUP®LESS MESS. MORE MEETINGTM
MEET BETTER. MEET LOOPUPTM
LOOPUP CONFERENCE CONTROLLERTM
POWERED BY LOOPUPTM
樂洽™ – 為您創造更美好的會議環境™
We might make IPR other than our trade marks available to you from time to time. Examples would include copyright works such as screenshots of our services in action and written or artistic collateral for use in sales, marketing and promotional activities. We (or our licensors) will continue to own all copyright, design rights or other intellectual property rights in such works and materials and these guidelines will continue to apply to your use of the same.
Including In Your Materials
If you want to create your own advertising, marketing or promotional materials in any current or future medium incorporating our trade marks, screenshots, or other intellectual property, you must obtain our prior written approval of each example of such material before its first use, and obtain our prior written approval of any change to any material which has previously been approved.
We do not charge for use of our IPR according to these guidelines. All IPR we provide to you is provided ‘AS IS’ with no warranty of any kind other than those that cannot by law be excluded. We will not be liable for, and we accept no liability for any loss or damage you suffer resulting from use of our IPR whether for loss of profit, loss of business, direct, indirect, consequential or punitive loss or damage whether or not previously informed of the possibility of the same.
Who ‘We’ Are
As at 09 May 2014, the Ring2 Group of companies includes the parent company, LoopUp® Ltd, The Tea Building, 56 Shoreditch High St, London, E1 6JJ, UK (‘LoopUp UK’), Ring2 Communications LLC of 400 2nd Street, Suite 450, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA (‘LoopUp USA’), Ring2 (HK) Ltd of 43/F AIA Tower, 183 Electric Road, North Point, Hong Kong (‘LoopUp HK’) and Ring2 (Barbados) Ltd of The Gables, Haggatt Hall, St. Michael, BB11063, Barbados (‘LoopUp Barbados’).
If you have a question on these guidelines, or want to apply for approval for your use, then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to approve or refuse any use at our sole discretion.